Saturday, February 8, 2014

How to Lose Weight and Keep it Off

How to Lose Weight

I struggled with my weight since I was child. I can painfully remember going to the swimming pool in the summer and wanting to cover up my belly hanging over my swim shorts. I can remember always wanting to wear my shirt at the beach. Can you imagine that. I carried the same weight problems and issues into adulthood as many of us do. And the issues continued until I discovered how to lose weight and keep it off.

So what are my credentials for writing an article about how to lose weight? Basically five years ago I underwent a lifestyle change that resulted in great weight loss of over 50 pounds and I've been able to keep that weight off for the entire 5 years. My weight now only fluctuates about on or two pounds a week, and it usually fluctuates below my ideal body weight rather than above it. So I want to share this method of how to lose weight with you.

Basically, I got into the idea of the paleolithic diet. The premise here is that mankind was never intended to eat lots of grain. But in modern society grain has become our mainstay dish. We eat grain at every meal of the day and for every snack in between. Grains of all sorts are everywhere.

We started eating grains with the invention of agriculture about ten thousand years ago. Prior to that time, the human race had existed for millions of years without grains and the human body was well adapted to exist without grains. Now in modern society we eat so much grain that it has made us fat and lazy.

When I think back to those painful years of my childhood I can remember that I ate cereal every single morning. And bread at every meal. I was a real serious grain eater and it showed. So if your wondering how to lose weight and keep it off, here is the key. Cut the killer grains.

And that is exactly what I did. I had a divorce from grains of all sorts from wheat to rice to corn to oats. They do not cross my lips and all the rest takes care of itself. My weight stays down. My cholesterol stays down. I'm staying healthy and feeling great all by cutting out the grains and eating more like my ancestors, paleolithic man. While the Paleo diet can be more complicated than that, that's how I approached it and it has been a tremendous success for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment