Saturday, February 8, 2014

How to Lose Weight on a Budget

How to Lose Weight on a Budget

We all want to know how to lose weight, but we are all also on a budget. I just love it when magazines tell us how the latest movie star last fifty pounds with a treatment that only costs a thousand dollars a month. That's just not realistic for most of us, so I'll try give you the info on how to lose weight on a budget like most of us have.

One of the biggest mistakes I see people make, is that they buy boxed diet dinners and eat them at home or at work. This is a real mistake. The only that boxed diet dinners make you is hungry, very hungry. In fact, I believe that is what they were designed to do. They just make you want more.

This will never work if you are learning how to lose weight on a budget because the boxed dinners are expensive. What I do instead is I take that money and spend it on lots of full-fat yogurt and peanut butter. You heard me right. Full fat yogurt and peanut butter. In fact, my favorite weight loss food is the Greek yogurt because it is concentrated with so much fat.

I take a big bowl and scoop out as much of the delicious full-fat yogurt as I think I can eat. Then I put about four tablespoons of peanut butter right on top. So how does this work? Instead of being hungry the rest of the day, I am absolutely stuffed. And I spent as much or less money on my diet meal as the person who got the boxed dinner in the next cubicle and is starving five minutes after lunch.

The thing to know about how to lose weight when you are on a budget is to shop the bulk aisle. Nuts are a great high protein snack, but they can be expensive. So I go to the bulk aisle and stock up on nuts there. The best time is when there is a sale on one of my favorite nut snacks. I will buy up to ten pounds of nuts at a time if they are half priced.

As you can tell, my diet is a low carb and high fat weight loss diet and it has worked great for me for years. But when you are buying a lot of meat, you want to get it as inexpensively as possible. I prefer to eat grass fed beef, but that can be very expensive. There are two wast to get around this when you are losing weight. First, only buy the grass fed beef when it is on sale half off. Leave a little out and freeze the rest for later. The second thing to do is buy local. We have local grass fed beef that delivers to your door and is always at the half off price of the grocery store. That saves a ton of money throughout the year. You can find where to get local beef from your local farmers market group.

Dropping the pounds on a budget should be easy by following the steps above. Buy in bulk, buy on sale, avoid diet food, and buy local. You can do it, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment